3D Printed Useful Things and Parts

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau
City/Town: Calgary

3D Printed Useful Things and Parts

Post by evannadeau »

Hello CKRC. I've recently finished designing, printing, and testing a dial indicator extension to use on my VLR engine for setting timing, so thought it was time to share. If you are interested in 3D Printing, I have a collection going on Thingiverse with various items for karting I have found. If you find others, please let me know and I'll add them to the collection.

https://www.thingiverse.com/Schmevn/collections/karting

If there is anything you would like printed, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

VLR #42

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Re: 3D Printed Useful Things and Parts

Post by Fred »

The Club Tech Guy Azam might find one of these handy to go into the clubs tech tool inventory.

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Absolutely. Please get him in touch with me Fred, and I can print one that works for his dial indicator. Or he could get the same one that I have from Amazon. Either way, please have them contact me, and I'll help get one made up for the club.

I think I better buy some nylon for some more robust parts.
VLR #42

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

Evan, Nice ! I was just looking at making something like this the other day. Problem is you need an extension rod with the right thread for your gauge.

I'll check out your Thingiverse collection....
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Mark, I went with press fit in this case, and it worked out well. I've included my Fusion360 file on Thingiverse, and as many dimensions as I could are set as parameters for easy adjustment.
VLR #42

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

To the gentleman that I spoke to on the pre-grid today, who had a loose chainguard, as I showed you this is the 3d printed device that I use to keep my chainguard from coming loose. If you can get in touch with me, and let me know the distance between your bolts, I can create one of these for you, and that should help prevent your chainguard from coming loose.

If anyone else in the club would like one to help keep your chain guard secure, please let me know.

VLR #42