Alternatives to Try A Kart?

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
BeanGone
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Bean
City/Town: Calgary

Alternatives to Try A Kart?

Post by BeanGone »

Hey everyone.

My name is Brandon, I'm new to the forum.

I started regularly going to Speeders late last year and I really want to take the next step in Karting by getting involved with CKRC.

I am, however, in a bit of a pickle.

All the dates for the Try A Kart program land on days where I am either out of province or have major commitments.

While I'm 99% sure I'm going to love Karting, I really want to have the chance to try it out before dropping a couple of grand on equipment.

I know this is a ridiculous ask, especially coming from a new guy who is unknown, but I'm wondering if there are any options available to me so I don't have to wait a full year before getting started.

If anyone has a Kart they would be willing to loan/rent, or even of you have a second Kart and would be willing to let me tag along for a day, I would be very grateful.

I understand Ill need to get a track membership, orientation and certification first.

I am more than willing to compensate you financially, and would be willing to put a damage deposit down.

I'm 36 years old, and spent a decade racing DH skateboards 'professionally' as well as having been a lifelong automotive enthusiast with hundreds of hours of performance driving, if any of that makes a difference.

I know its a long shot, but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas or is willing to help me out, please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Brandon

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Re: Alternatives to Try A Kart?

Post by Jackmazury »

Hi Brandon,

You may be in luck. There is somebody in the club who rents karts privately. Contact Alan Haggerty. If you have facebook his page is Haggerty Autosport.

Just make sure you pay the day fee to the club and have all the usage stuff in order beforehand.
Shifter #30

Class Representative

BeanGone
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Bean

Re: Alternatives to Try A Kart?

Post by BeanGone »

Beautiful! Thanks a bunch!