Purchasing used advice

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
fast_and_the_curious
First Name: Clay
Last Name: Thorpe
City/Town: Strathmmore

Purchasing used advice

Post by fast_and_the_curious »

Looking to purchase a used full sized Kart with a Briggs motor to be used in first timer junior,and also another one for cadet. Any tips to what I should be mindful of when going to look at karts ?
How do I tell if motor is sealed? I am aware of the carb types,wheel size,and total width if axle,does axle diameter come into play ?
I don't mind having to put some into it but don't want to end up buying something and needing to replace most of it.

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Purchasing used advice

Post by Jackmazury »

Axle diameter should not matter unless you are wanting to convert it to run as a two stroke at some point in time. A sealed motor will have either an orange RFID tag or a silver holographic tag on both the front and rear of the motor where the case halves meet. One of the case bolts on both the front and rear will be longer than the rest and have the seal wired through it. If there is still confusion go under the downloads section of the website and look at the Briggs and Stratton Rule book in the seals section, it shows pictures of both to my recollection.
Shifter #30

Class Representative

fast_and_the_curious
First Name: Clay
Last Name: Thorpe
City/Town: Strathmmore

Re: Purchasing used advice

Post by fast_and_the_curious »

Great thank you !