Leader-board

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Tjfast
First Name: Evan
Last Name: P
City/Town: RD

Re: Leader-board

Post by Tjfast »

Is there some way we can create a bar-code that spectators can scan that will take them to the live timing? Or would a bar-code need to be made for every event held in the timing software? It would be interesting to look into the other software that John mentioned. Maybe the other software has a home page system for the club where a bar-code can direct to. I assume this would only work if it was free. So based on what ive heard this wont work for race monitor.

Im not very familiar on how the race monitor software pars with the timing system so what im saying could be entirely impossible.

I believe mylaps also has live timing, but that may be only if you are a transponder owner? Maybe someone can chime in here.

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Post by John Kwong »

A QR code could be made and put onto the website, a sign, FB etc that would direct people to a general page that would be hosting our scoring. Currently, CKRC has such a page that also shows a live video feed too at www.ckrc.com/N49live . The public can access this page or the webpage version of Race Monitor for free via the web.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

John is correct, the only pipe laid under the track stops the other side of the main straight.

Electronic access via phone is way more beneficial for spectators than the board, which really only has any benefit for the drivers to look at during Qualifying.

I've seen Race Hero operate down in the States , its actually really good.

A single QR Code could get you to live timing I'm guessing just like we use for Race day schedule and EDR.

High winds would definitely be a concern.

Would attaching it to the new proposed medical structure be an option ? Power to it would be through dirt via a trench. Actually power could be taken from the main board on the East fence and a simple.armour cable run along the fence to the top of the bank where the new medic structure would be.

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Post by Jen and Don »

Thanks for all the interest, if anything comes out of this conversation, we may have a better way of electronically tracking the races on our phones.

As far as making it a part of the medic structure, I think it may create more of a sail up there on the berm. Besides the medic shack is only going to be about 4' wide by 7' long. It will need it's own sturdy piers just to carry itself. Not sure how I could tie the signage board in to make it any stronger than if it was on it's own. I feel if we did relocate it anywhere in the future , that setting two of those poles 5-6' in the ground would be more than enough anchorage. Guy cables could also be added, as they wouldn't create any blind spots in viewing the board.

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Cables on the circuit are absolutely a no go. What we have to determine is who is the position board for ? Spectators or drivers ? if its for spectators the current position is fine I feel but if its for drivers that's a different matter. Race control was designed to accommodate it with a special mounting point that links up to a winch so that servicing it is easy if required. I remember the days at Varsity when it was on a pole and a pain in the ass to put up and down when required. I wonder if there is a add on to the Pixel light system that can display this for the drivers on the start finish gantry that could be purchased over winter.