Unknown Rotax Engine Sound

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
dkrumes
First Name: Dean
Last Name: Krumes
City/Town: Calgary

Unknown Rotax Engine Sound

Post by dkrumes »

Hello,

Recently I have noticed that when my son Adam is getting almost near the end of the main straight away his rotax motor seems to be making a sound similar to a limiter or govener (motor has reached its highest rev and is missing or hesitating to rev higher). Is this sound normal for a junior max (without a power valve)? Or is there a problem here? I am wondering if it could be the copper sealant used to seal the exhaust flange on the motor to the pipe (the point where the springs hold the muffler onto the motor) needs to be re-applied?

Much Thanks

Dean Krumes

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Re: Unknown Rotax Engine Sound

Post by John Kwong »

What RPM is he hitting there? Is it a popping sound?

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Hellcat
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Galecki

Post by Hellcat »

What's gear do you run, rpm, jet and Do you have Evo kit on it?
Chris

dkrumes
First Name: Dean
Last Name: Krumes

Post by dkrumes »

Thank you for the replies and sorry for my late response (I had to check his Mychron, see image below). He is running 11/80 gears. He does not presently have an EVO upgrade installed (I have one for him, just have not installed it yet). I will check his jet size and post soon.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Dean
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 7879 times