Rookie School May 16 and 17

This is a temporary forum to be used for all topics related to the new track and it's construction
pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Re: Rookie School May 16 and 17

Post by pauldeadman »

Hi Fred,

IF the track is available, can we stay and get some laps in after the rookie school?

thanks
Paul

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Post by John Kwong »

Hello Rookies,

The 2015 CKRC Rookie School schedule:

9:30am - Arrival at North Star Raceway
10:00am - Classroom course begins in ATCO building
12:00 noon - On track sessions begin
2:00pm - Rookie School ends

We look forward to seeing you on the weekend.

Sincerely,

John Kwong
President
CKRC
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Willoughby
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Willoughby

Post by Willoughby »

I am also wondering about potential practice time at the track post rookie school. I am scheduled for Sunday rookie school as I work Saturday morning but if possible would like to make it to the track for after the Saturday rookie school. My kart is an older kart that I have completely gone through so I would like to work out any kinks before rookie school training. As well and more importantly I have a brand new LO206 that needs to be broken in and I am not sure if the rookie school format will allow for this. Worst case I do have my spare DD2 kart that I could use for the rookie school day but I would much rather use my 4 stroke. I suppose we are still waiting to see how progress at the track this week is coming along?

newson48
First Name: Blake and Mark
Last Name: Newson

Post by newson48 »

Watch for the email announcement from John. It describes the planned weekend activities.
Also, there is a meeting tonight at the Cardel theatre starting at 6:00pm for those who still need to hand in their 2015 membership papers and payments.
For all others, the meeting should start approx. 6:30pm.
Senior Rotax #48

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

After torrential rain Saturday and some dedicated volunteer work, we were able to get the Scale Shed mostly constructed but the weather was too extreme for the Rookie's to get on track. Sunday was a different story with much better weather and more work projects getting done as we get closer to the first race. The second group of Rookie school students completed their classroom work and the ontrack sessions were to begin for two days worth of students (42). Lots of smiles all around with drivers finally able to get on the asphalt. After a couple rookie sessions, the track was open for Test & Tune to the volunteers who have worked tirelessly to get the facility ready for the 2015 race season.

Now, if you have been on track, rookie or veteran, let us know what you think.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines

Post by Bainesy36 »

Well, I had an absolute blast all afternoon on the new track!

This was my first time in a real race Kart and my Senior Rotax shocked me at just how quick these things are once the revs pick up! I probably spent more time going sideways than I did going quick, but it was an awesome experience on a really great, technical track. The track has a very nice flow to it and the elevation changes give it a lot of character with blind corners and off cambers to catch you out!

Once my body heals from it's first Karting experience, I'll be sure to get the Spotty Dog Cake Motorsports Rotax back out there!

Also, the help and advice I received throughout the day was much appreciated, especially a big thanks to Blake Newson.

Thanks to everyone for getting me Hooked! :D

Nige #36

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Post by pauldeadman »

It was like Christmas day all over again :)

On behalf of George, a big thank you to everyone! Blake, Mark, and Murray great to meet you all and thanks for the concern regarding George feeling sick last week.

Fred, great classroom session very informative!

John, thanks for everything! The track is awesome.

Phil and Alan we can't thank you enough for all you have done for us. I know I keep saying it but thank you! I am looking forward to our karting life!

Paul