first race down

This is a temporary forum to be used for all topics related to the new track and it's construction
John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: first race down

Post by John Kwong »

Eventually, we will be resurrecting the scoreboard which will show the top ten kart numbers and number of laps left. This will take some of the mystery out of the on track action.

Right now the priorities are the electrical installation, finishing the fencing around the Pre-Grid area and getting the grandstands cleared for use.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

newson48
First Name: Blake and Mark
Last Name: Newson

Post by newson48 »

Here is a pic of the scoreboard that we will put up soon, with the help of some volunteers. ;)
During Qualifying, it will show the current pole position time and show karts from fastest to slowest.
During a normal race, it will indicate the lap number and the running order.
In an endurance race, as shown, it will indicate the number of laps completed and who has completed the next most laps etc.

It doesn't replace a colour commentator, but it is very informative. The colour commentator idea is good. We have had a very good guy do it for the large events, but never in a club race. Not a bad idea.

Blake
Scoreboard.jpg
Scoreboard.jpg (137.58 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
Shifter #48

Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines

Post by Bainesy36 »

The scoreboard will be great to have back up and running for sure and I understand there are more important things to be completed right now. ;)

I just wanted to see what other people's thoughts were and was also curious if we can pursue a PA system at all, as I thought the Town of Strathmore were against it?? Hence the FM radios.