Track Modification Survey

This is a temporary forum to be used for all topics related to the new track and it's construction
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Track Modification Survey

Post by Fred »

That is very very interesting Phil ... i (and i expect the Exec) would like to see some data on that of its available. Are we now suggesting that its maybe a driver / set up problem that is causing this need to run a 11 tooth ? I have driven this track on 12 tooth rotax and had no problem getting in and out of the section (admitted im probably not lapping quite as fast as other regular drivers due to my limited seat time in a Kart since my career ending crash in 1989. If you do have any onboard footage or data please let me see it.

Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines

Post by Bainesy36 »

I'm surprised to hear that Phil, especially as the Track Lap records from the Masters class last year are 55.4 CCW and 55.6 CW.

You might be right Fred, all the drivers in Rotax Senior and Masters probably have no idea what they're doing :oops: ;)

As for the survey, ummm, what were the questions again? Lol. Oh yeah....

1) C
2) A
3) B - although I think it should come ahead of 'some' of the listed projects in the first post.

Nige

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

The lap times I am referring to were the weekend of the enduro. In practice on Saturday Alan was 55.4/ 55.5, and on the day of the enduro, both Alan and Kevin were in the same range, at 55.55 for Alan, and I think 55.53 for Kevin, and both would have been at Masters weight or above with full fuel. I am also certain it would have been faster with an 11, or a larger rear sprocket, I'm just pointing out the fact that you can get close with the 12.

Phil

Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines

Post by Bainesy36 »

Nice! I do agree they would have been quicker with better gearing too :D

Whether you could get 'close' with a 12 tooth front or not (being practical with size of the rear sprocket), we all know that 'close' isn't good enough when chasing 10th's of a second ;)

Murr15
First Name: Murray
Last Name: Hanna

Post by Murr15 »

Team Hanna Survey Answers

Murray/Naomi
1. D
2. B
3. B

Matthew, he is 8 and dosent like the corner because he stuggles with it, he would like it to be easier, that's all. But that's his opinion and he gets to make it. All I am adding to his opinion is if the change is to be made do them both at the same time (which is mine if it happens) and answers 2&3.

1. C
2. B
3. B

troubletitan
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Selvaraj

Post by troubletitan »

survey 1- D

survey 2- B

survey 3- B

IMO track modifications after only one season is not a prudent use of club funds. Just looking at the facility as it is today I would rather see the $$ being invested in capital project ie. Bathrooms and the many other project that add value to the club as a whole. With the start of the season nearly upon us these modifications should be pushed to the end of the season