flat tire problem

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
pitter085
First Name: Brent
Last Name: michaud
City/Town: Calgary Alberta

flat tire problem

Post by pitter085 »

Has anyone had problems with the tires going flat on these karts while driving them? Took my son to a big clean parking lot yesterday to test fit kart and to make sure everything was working good. Checked all tires and they were good he ripped around for some time but then he stopped across the parking lot and said he had a flat. Theres no holes or cuts in the tire but it has the plastic rims on it. Looking for imputed on this. Sorry can't figure out how to post a picture. Its one of the red karts they look like the try a kart cars

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: flat tire problem

Post by John Kwong »

Fill the tire up and spray water all over it to find where air is coming out. If you still cannot see where the tire is leaking, take it off and submerge in water. Since there is no visible external issue, it is probably the valve stem is leaking. It is either faulty or loose. Can. Tire sells valve stem tools.

Also, please do not drive around in any parking lot. There are too many uncontrollable variables to cause danger to your son that greatly outweigh the cost or inconvenience of coming to the track.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

pitter085

Post by pitter085 »

Was only a one time thing the parking lot. It seams to be coming from the bead were going to fill it up and keep an eye on it.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

You shouldn't get a leak from the bead under normal circumstances. What tire pressures are you running ?
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

pitter085

Post by pitter085 »

We had it at 18psi all around and after he come in tonight it would drop 4-5 psi after there time on track. We tryed filling it to 30 to seal it befor we come to track to night after about a hr it was at 20 by the time we got to the track.

Hillbilly
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Sherman
City/Town: Blackie

Post by Hillbilly »

With these kid karts, the first 3 things you need to do when you arrive at the track are:

1. Check the tire pressure - most of us run 20psi. There is a compressor at the track if you don’t have an air tank.

2. Fuel is up. Fuel lasts about 45 minutes in these.

3. Check the oil.

Apart from that these kid karts are rock solid for realibility.

Mark

Post by Mark »

If you let me know in advance (since I don't always bring my trailer with all the tools), I can bring tire tools and we can pop that tire off and check the rim and re-bead it.

pitter085

Post by pitter085 »

We will most likely be there wendsday for kid kart and if there is any openings might bring my daughter for try a kart

Mark

Post by Mark »

Unfortunately, we can't make it tonight but we should be there Monday.

pitter085

Post by pitter085 »

Ya we will be there Monday aswell