looking for imput on gearing

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
pitter085
First Name: Brent
Last Name: michaud
City/Town: Calgary Alberta

looking for imput on gearing

Post by pitter085 »

looking for info and or direction on what to use or were to find drive gears for the gx35 kid kart engines. right now the drive gear is a 7 tooth and rear gear is a 72. we are looking to change the drive gear to a 10 . dose anyone know were to get them and if there one unit with the clutch or if there separate peaces. would like to take advantage of the sunny weather this week and get my son in on some more set time to learn lines and what not. i know chad from kid kart has found and made a gear work .
just trying to learn stuff as i go

thanks again guys

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury
City/Town: Calgary

Re: looking for imput on gearing

Post by Jackmazury »

Not sure if it requires modification or not but I believe the gear you are looking for is off of a reed and rotary motor (Formula A, ICA, Formula super A). These motors haven’t been run anywhere for a while and parts are scarce so you are unlikely to find one second hand. I would give joey at Overdrive a call and see if he has one in stock.

Jack
Shifter #30

Class Representative