Do you live on Brightonwoods Green SE

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau
City/Town: Calgary

Do you live on Brightonwoods Green SE

Post by evannadeau »

Hey guys. Saw a kart doing some testing on my street yesterday. Pretty sure it was a VLR engine, and the chassis had yellow bodywork. Just looking to see if someone lives just down the street from me. :D

Thanks.
VLR #42

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen

Re: Do you live on Brightonwoods Green SE

Post by kolsen »

Not me.

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Yeah, I know what you look like Keith. :) And I know it's not John or Phil either. Someone, I don't believe I've seen before, so perhaps someone new to the club/VLR crew.
VLR #42

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen

Post by kolsen »

Hmmm...not aware of any new VLRs - was it brand new? AS you know there's not many used ones out there...

Are you still interested in mine? I'm about to strip it down to get the frame recoated, so no pic till it's all pretty, but if you wanted to stop by and have a look in the next couple of days it's still mostly together...

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

I'm not 100% sure it was a VLR as I didn't get a good look at the engine. I did see the exhaust and the airbox (red). Chassis I would guess is older due to the yellow bodywork, but you never know.

I'm definitely still interested, but I won't have funds available until spring to buy anything. Still working on house reno's.
VLR #42

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Hi Evan,

Might be an old direct drive 100cc. From a distance it would look like a VLR motor. There are probably a few of them kicking around in garages around town.
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

It wasn't a direct drive for sure. Sadly, I did not see the top of the engine well. The pipe was certainly of the IAME or ROK one-piece type.

Hopefully, I'll see him out again and I'll have to go say hi. Maybe he is intending on joining the club. Or maybe I can recruit him. :)
VLR #42

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Maybe a Formula Yamaha with a ICA pipe on it ... I think Brian Grant once sold a yellow frame with a FY on it.