Number plate background colour for CKRC races

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau
City/Town: Calgary

Number plate background colour for CKRC races

Post by evannadeau »

Hello everyone. I saw in club member videos the blue backgrounds, and then had a read through the regs and saw that ROK VLR has different colours.

White numbers over Blue for Senior. And white over red for masters. Is this what we should be following for all CKRC races?

And I'm sure it's not required, but would it be suggested to follow their 3 digit numbering scheme as well?

Thanks.
VLR #42

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen

Re: Number plate background colour for CKRC races

Post by kolsen »

Yes. colour scheme is followed:

SR - White on Blue
Mstr - white on red

the 3 digit wasn't adhered to, probably because of the size of the group

Not sure if Fred will be sticky on it this year...

IMHO - in the US(COA, RtR, etc) it's all black on yellow, with the 1st digit signifying class (8 for masters, 3 for SR)...so to have not only a color combo, but a numeric identifier is a bit much....

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Thanks Keith
VLR #42

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Post by Jackmazury »

Note that our scoreboard only holds two digits, so if you pick three the whole number will never be displayed.
Shifter #30

Class Representative

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

You bet, thanks Jack, I've read all the stuff related to numbers in our regs, and saw that mentioned in there. I just want to make sure I prep my Kart appropriately. I'd prefer to go with my two digit number anyway ( already reserved ). And I'm not intending to head to any USA events, so I think I'm safe.
VLR #42

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Only 2 numbers required (Hence different colour plates) easier to separate on track as we run both Seniors and Masters together.