2021 Drivers List

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau
City/Town: Calgary

2021 Drivers List

Post by evannadeau »

I thought I'd start the actual driver's list to see who's going where in the class' this year. I have ??'s next to names if they are un-confirmed, or I'm unsure about your class. Please PM me or post here any corrections and I'll adjust the list.

Senior (9)
John Kwong??
Mark Hillier
Alex Hillier
Alan Haggerty
Christine Boyd
Ryan Winters
Boyd Gravel
Andrew Zeegers
Samantha Dougherty

Masters (12)
Keith Olsen
Dan Velpel
Jimmy Gregory
Glenn Boyd
Evan Nadeau
Alex Silva??
Other unnamed Edmontonion??
Dave Cameron
Cam Whitehead
Phil Haggerty
Rob Kozakowski??
Rob Slivinski??

I'm still thinking of going Senior so I don't have to add weight to my kart, like the Hillier's, but I think it may be better to just race alongside drivers of my own age. Thoughts? :D
Last edited by evannadeau on Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 15 times in total.
VLR #42

DaveC
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Cameron

Re: 2021 Drivers List

Post by DaveC »

I intend to make more than 1 race this year.
I believe Cam is returning.
And, there are 5 people that voted in the tires poll that are not on this list.
Dave Cameron
Briggs Masters #12

CamW
First Name: Cam
Last Name: Whitehead

Post by CamW »

I am in Cam

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

I am in.

Alan will be driving if there isn't a rental

evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I have to say, the numbers for this class are shaping up nicely.
VLR #42

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

phil wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 am I am in.

Alan will be driving if there isn't a rental
Get him to buy another motor Jimmy has some good used motors going cheap....(I think Joey might also have a line on some .. not sure) This class is now gaining traction .. the tire discussion is coming just waiting for the price on Le Vanto tires to come back and Prize packages (Whichever way we go it is looking like if you want to qualify for the ROK prizes you will need to be on Le Vanto tires) if you dont want to be included in that we may be able to use another spec tire as well.
More in a Week or two on that.

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen

Post by kolsen »

WTF?!?!?! LeVanto? I recall you said that Maxxis would be OK to qualify for ROK Cup awards.

Now you are saying that we have to run Levanto, which you have already stated is a) the most expensive of all the options we considered, with b) the least durability.

Fred - what happened to the VLR call was supposed to be cost effective - even if you get the LVs to the same price as the Maxxis, we'll still be spending more as we'll likely need at least one additional set for the year, which cancels out the discounting...

So, if we're not selecting the most cost effective tire, what is the reasoning?

KO

turtlegofast
First Name: Christine
Last Name: Boyd

Post by turtlegofast »

I will be there - seniors.

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

kolsen wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:33 am WTF?!?!?! LeVanto? I recall you said that Maxxis would be OK to qualify for ROK Cup awards. (This comes as a policy change from ROK, EVERYTHING is moving to ROK Products. The latest meeting was last weekend where it was also agreed the Iame 100 will no longer be used in ROK Competition)

Now you are saying that we have to run Levanto, which you have already stated is a) the most expensive of all the options we considered, with b) the least durability. (I am not saying you have to run LeVanto we can run Maxxis or whatever but we would not be included in the Prize packages ROK THE RIO or The Canadian Nationals.... The Le Vanto will be no more expensive than the MOJO D2 .... After testing both it is apparent the LeVanto will run around 70 - 100 more laps than a D2 with superior grip)

Fred - what happened to the VLR call was supposed to be cost effective - even if you get the LVs to the same price as the Maxxis, we'll still be spending more as we'll likely need at least one additional set for the year, which cancels out the discounting... (Yes true I can not refute that ,but you will probably need 2 more sets of MOJO)

So, if we're not selecting the most cost effective tire, what is the reasoning? (We have not selected a tire yet I am just informing you of the policy change from ROK that has just come into play ... If we don't want to take any of the prize packages I would suggest we go to Maxxis which are around $15 cheaper than Mojo D2. If that is still something we want it will have to be LeVanto at the same price as Mojo D2 ..... as a Note it is very likely that the Le Vanto is going to be the new Canadian tire (Apart from Mojo for Rotax stuff )
So discussion is do you Want the packages or not ?
Do we keep it as a low cost formula without the Prize packages ?

KO

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

With it only being March 2 and a lot of moving pieces in the background for what could be offered as a prize package, I would suggest that we wait until all of the information is in and a presentation is submitted so that a decision by the class participants can be made at that time. The parties involved are doing their best to find the best solution for everyone. So far the LeVanto tire has had very good reviews on performance and wearability at the Challenge of the Americas, so I am not worried about it being a little more money than the Maxxis. If there is a prize package attached to the use of the LeVanto that can't be a bad thing vs zero from Maxxis. Before this new information we assumed that the LeVanto was the most expensive and worst wearing of the tires we chose to compare. Pricing will be in line with other tires and durability should not be a problem.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/