ROK Format - Longer races

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel
City/Town: Calgary

ROK Format - Longer races

Post by dvelpel »

Hey VLR's

Curious to see how people enjoyed (or not) the longer race during the n49? personally I really enjoyed the longer 20 lap race and very keen to see if we can make that the norm. From what I understand the lap count in the states during some events are similar, not to sure if that's governed by overall time based, or overall distance.

@Fred - can you chime in on the ROK regulations that speaks to laps/distance?

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: ROK Format - Longer races

Post by phil »

Race length on club races is dictated by the club/ race director. When we run the ROK format, it is still the same length of time given to the other classes, which are not running the ROK format, so it would be a choice of dropping a race to make a longer one, which would complicate the schedule, so I'm doubtful it could happen.