2022 ROK VLR

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

2022 ROK VLR

Post by Fred »

Hi Guys
2022 will see a growth in the class and so I want to open up a discussion with those involved now and those who may be involved next year.

So Topic to hand brought up by Phil
We operate the way that ROK USA used to operate on the age limits which was 14+ Senior and 32+ Masters with no deviation.

ROK USA have now included the 190lb rule for younger drivers that are overweight to be able to run Masters.

Question 1 : Do you as a group want to include this in the Regulations or do you want to continue to separate the classes by the Age definitions we have now ?

I'm not sure who we would have that might fall into this category as of now.

ROK USA run their classes at a heavier weight (around 10lb) we set our weights to mimic our Briggs Class at the time to make for easier transition.

Question 2. Do you want to increase the weights in line with ROK USA or leave them as they are (Only those traveling to Vegas or COA need to worry about the addition)?

Finally ROK VLR will continue on the LeVanto KRT Tire ... I am working to try and continue to get the ROK Vegas tickets.
Please post some replies to Q1 and 2 and lets get some chat going .. Anything else you wish to bring up too.

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Re: 2022 ROK VLR

Post by dvelpel »

Hey Fred,
I'm for aligning with the ROK USA structure so; Yes to Q1, Yes to Q2.

I would like to suggest some additional changes to the regulations to better align as well
  • Align class numbers/colors the ROK USA
  • Split Seniors and Masters class
    • I understand this is a perceived constraint from extending the day as well size of the grid. If there are simple solutions such as leaving a gap during the rolling start or group sr at the front, im open to hear them. I don't think mixing the grid together is beneficial.
  • I would like to see something defined for tire control. could be something simple or well defined.

Examples:
    • Two (or Three) sets for the club racing series year
    • 3 Front & 3 Rear identified tires for each track direction (TBD on holding over to other direction)
    Points of clarification/discussion:
    North of 49 not to be included in count
    ABSO is to be included in club season count
    Test and Tune activities are open
    Heat 1 - TBD (as it sets the grid, I think it should, some may see Heat 1 as just a test and not want to include it)

**Edit: added point around tires.

rob_slv
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Slivinski

Post by rob_slv »

Fred,

Answers to your questions - Q1. Yes, Q2. Yes - obviously being a heavier driver this helps me.

Do we know how many Junior VLR drivers there are for 2022? I know Myles Johnson is one of them, is there anyone else - Dan V. I think your daughter was interested, is that the case? Are we included them in Junior Rotax for club races?

I not sure spliting the Senior and Masters with a gap, I witnessed the Masters being competitve with the lighter Seniors (ok maybe just one driver, Kwong) but what about the races where there is just one Master or 1 sensior, then what? I think it would be interesting to see who is driving Rok VLR next year and the class.

Just my 2 cents.

Rob

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

I think that the concept of MASTERS is based on age. We run them at a higher weight to allow for that fact that we gain weight as we age.

I don't think we should deviate from the age requirement for Masters classes in ANY class.

The weight different between CKRC and ROK is minor. I strapped on an extra 10 lbs for Vegas easily. So , we are good keeping the weights in line with 4-stroke, IMO.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

[email protected]
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Boyd

Post by [email protected] »

Hi Fred and vlr class

I believe we should adopt the same rules as rock Cup USA with weight classes and 190 plus.

Opening the senior weight to 350 will open up more drivers to be able to race in senior class. Or enforce rules people over 32 have to race and masters

Thanks, Glenn

[email protected]
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Boyd

Post by [email protected] »

Darn voice to text. People over 32 years of age should have to race in Masters class

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

BTW 2022 ROK VLR will still race on LeVanto KRT Tires.

MDNOGA
First Name: Marcos
Last Name: Nogueira
City/Town: Airdrie

Post by MDNOGA »

In my opinion Q1yes, Q2 yes!

Catarina will participate this year on VLR, although she is 14. Is she a Junior or Senior? If we have enough Junior I prefer to put her on the Junior Class.

Are we going to have a dedicated Junior class for VLR? Or going to be mix with Senior and Masters?

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Hi,

AFAIK, Junior Rok would run with Rotax Junior.

At 14 she may be able to run as a senior.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/