2022 VLR Roll Call

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Zeegs01
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Zeegers
City/Town: Calgary

Re: 2022 VLR Roll Call

Post by Zeegs01 »

Put me down for seniors. I only made it out to north of 49 last year but I plan to do the club races this year

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Post by dvelpel »

Great to hear from you Andrew, See you on track soon!

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

I'm not sure I will have time to race this season, but may drop in for one when possible. Alan doesn't have anyone committed to run the full season in VLR, but will likely also have some occasional rentals in either Junior or Senior.

Phil

MDNOGA
First Name: Marcos
Last Name: Nogueira
City/Town: Airdrie

Post by MDNOGA »

Junior for Catarina Nogueira #23 (preferably)

I might be able to squeeze in the Masters' class if she doesn't want to participate in the race. I want to be able to race with all of you and save a little more my ribs!

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Just a quick one on seals .. if that's they way we go the class will have to finance the purchase of seals themselves , which normally come in a batch of 500 and are not cheap.. these can not be purchased individually and would need to come through ROK USA.

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

If we were to seal them, there is no need for it to be a ROK seal. I'm sure there are other products available in smaller batches at a reasonable price.

evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Can we please drop this discussion about seals? I will drop this class if we start sealing engines.

It is hard enough to even want to keep racing it when CKRC is the only club around running the engine. I enjoy the racing, but let's not make it more convoluted and expensive. Please leave well enough alone.
VLR #42

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Seals are a waste of time and money. The club pays for good technical staff to keep the question of engine legality in line. Why add this expense that will serve no purpose. The only reason they do it at the big ROK events is so that people won't rebuild their engines during the event because they have the means to do so. At our club level using seals is an exercise in futility to make people feel good.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

[email protected]
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Boyd

Post by [email protected] »

Hello All,

So I have a couple of things for discussion,

I believe we should have the engines opened on the top three finishers after every final race, lets face it, it is only 2 springs and 4 nuts. This would save us the cost
of having our engines teched and sealed by an independent party. I would also encourage the club to be pulling heads on all the top finishers in 4 stroke classes as well, this is
a practice from other clubs that I have seen.

I raced in Phoenix for the last two weekends and they have a solution to their tag 100 class I found interesting, due to a smaller number of entries, much like us, they race all
racers in a heavy senior class at a weight of 360 lbs to keep the field size larger. This may be something to look at... if that is not an option for us I am in favor of adopting
heavier ROK cup weight classes to allow more people into 1 class but ultimately would like to see masters and senior divided by age so drivers age out of senior at 32.

After racing on 110 race fuel, I found the engine ran cooler with better performance. The down side is cost.... thankfully the vlr 100 does not use that much through a race
day. I am in favor of open fuel rules.

We have 11 races this year.... I vote for 4 sets of tires max if we are to have a tire rule.

Thanks, Glenn

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Post by dvelpel »

Hey Glenn,

That's a very interesting way to run the class, basically a super VLR class.. it goes against the vote to aligning to ROKCUP but I think it complements some of the reasons why it was suggested todo so.... This method would also "solve" the starting situation as we would all be one class.

Curious to hear other people opinions on this?

regardless, this may shake up the vote questions and order a bit. which is why I wanted to encourage these ideas early.