2022 VLR Roll Call

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau
City/Town: Calgary

Re: 2022 VLR Roll Call

Post by evannadeau »

If we feel it's necessary, then I'm certainly ready to pull the jug off my engine should I reach the podium. I tend to do this every couple weeks anyway to keep an eye on the piston coating. I like this better than sealing.

Even without sealing, there can also be teck checks for squish and timing.

As for combining the classes, I think that would be a good idea. We tend to already have a bit of mixing with different skill levels into the corners, but differing weights allows the lighter driver to pull away down the straights. I know some guys have gotten held up for a while in this situation. I would certainly be voting to combine until the classes grow enough to have their own track time.
VLR #42

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Post by dvelpel »

Bump

Updated with results. Thanks everyone!

CraigJ
First Name: Craig
Last Name: Johnson

Post by CraigJ »

Myles Johnson will be racing jr VLR this season as well…
Craig Johnson
Father of Myles Johnson #69
Learning as we go.....

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

I will drop this class if I have to put my engine back together every race just to prove that I'm legal.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau

Post by evannadeau »

I think we are all getting too bothered about checking engines for legality. Let's leave well enough alone like previous years, and just run the dar class and have fun. Let's leave the engines legality stuff to the big events in the states.

I do believe this was what we generally agreed to in the meeting, correct Dan?
VLR #42

dvelpel

Post by dvelpel »

Mark wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:46 pm I will drop this class if I have to put my engine back together every race just to prove that I'm legal.
Hey Mark, we don't control who they do or don't tech.

dvelpel

Post by dvelpel »

evannadeau wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:58 am I think we are all getting too bothered about checking engines for legality. Let's leave well enough alone like previous years, and just run the dar class and have fun. Let's leave the engines legality stuff to the big events in the states.

I do believe this was what we generally agreed to in the meeting, correct Dan?
Hey Evan,

Correct, as a class we decided that we would not proceed with sealing engines.

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Engines will only have the head and cylinder removed on a race that involves winning ROK Vegas tickets or if there is a protest logged against the motor.
You should be learning to take these motors apart to clean them and rebuild them yourself anyway.
Help will be given to anyone requiring it (if) tech is carried out on the motor, and you need help putting it back together.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

dvelpel wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:19 pm
Mark wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:46 pm I will drop this class if I have to put my engine back together every race just to prove that I'm legal.
Hey Mark, we don't control who they do or don't tech.
Of course. But....you can't argue that they wouldn't have to disassemble motors if they were sealed.

To be clear, I don't WANT to seal my motor. I LIKE being able to rebuild it myself. But (there's always a but !) I've seen what happens when we don't seal motors and I've seen what happens when we do and I just don't want to see that happen again.

That's why I suggested that we discuss the topic.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

Cyruspischke
First Name: Cyrus
Last Name: Pischke
City/Town: Pincher Creek

Post by Cyruspischke »

Hey folks, looks like I'll be out there racing with you guys in senior again!