VLR battery box buttons

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
agepag
First Name: Adrian
Last Name: Pag
City/Town: Ontario

VLR battery box buttons

Post by agepag »

Hello, new to VLR this year and going to have both my boys running the class, VLR Jr & SR (ontario) my concern with these motors is I see all the buttons breaking or falling out. Is there a better option, aftermarket? Suggestions?
Thanks
Adrian

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen
City/Town: Calgary

Re: VLR battery box buttons

Post by kolsen »

Hi Adrian

Depends on how sticky your club is - these are tech items and therefore must be OEM.

That being said, we do not check for these as the originals are kinda crappy, and to replace the whole wiring harness due to a defective button is ridiculous. There is no way the start or kill switch can improve performance...

I ordered a bag of these from Amazon - have not had opportunity to use one yet though....

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B088BD ... UTF8&psc=1

I do check the tightness of the nuts on a regular basis - and the one time I did have a failure was the wire broke off the lug which was easily resolved by resoldering...

Keith

agepag
First Name: Adrian
Last Name: Pag
City/Town: Ontario

Post by agepag »

THanks for the info! Did you get the buttons yet?

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

Keith- we should make sure our sup regs are updated to allow this, before someone decides to enforce it. I'm pretty sure "officially" we are still not allowed. I was about to order a couple new harnesses, so that would be great news!

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier
City/Town: Calgary

Post by Mark »

Agreed -this is nonsense and at the club level at least we shouldn't care about a switch.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter