Rotax maintenance Schedule

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
troubletitan
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Selvaraj
City/Town: Calgary

Rotax maintenance Schedule

Post by troubletitan »

Hi,

I am relatively very new to the Rotax class and these Rotax Engines and was hoping to get some insight on the maintenance schedules based on the run hours. For example the Motul oil changes how many hours before changing it?

Thanks

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Rotax maintenance Schedule

Post by Mark »

Since Rotax is a 2-stroke motor and you mix oil with the fuel, I presume that you are referring to the gear oil for the balance shaft gears.

I used to change mine around mid-season and then at the end of the year. As with anything, more is better and will never hurt. I should add that I don't think I ever competed in more than 8 events in a season and did very limited practice. If you will contest all the race events and/or practice regularly, I'd add a 3'rd change in there.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter