Which course(s) for September races?

Check here before heading to the track. Going to the track for a T&T ? Post it here !
stevea
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Armstrong
City/Town: Calgary

Which course(s) for September races?

Post by stevea »

The race schedule for the Sunday Sept 8th race says "Counter Clockwise North Chicane" as does the Sunday Sept 22nd race. Can anyone confirm which course will be used for the make up race on Saturday Sept 7th? Will it also be "Counter Clockwise North Chicane" and if yes, will this effect the Sept 22nd race direction?

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Re: Which course(s) for September races?

Post by John Kwong »

I believe we are going to run the rest of the season in the CounterClockwise direction using the North chicane.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Nathan B
First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Bartley

Post by Nathan B »

Can we confirm if the shifters will be running with no chicane?

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Although, I like running shifter class without the chicane, I think we should mix it up a little and maybe do at least one with the chicane.

John K
www.johnkwong.ca

stevea
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Armstrong

Post by stevea »

John Kwong wrote:Although, I like running shifter class without the chicane, I think we should mix it up a little and maybe do at least one with the chicane.
I know I am only one person, but that kind of messes me up to run it one day and skip it the next as it is not so easy to just swap gears in the DD2. It would be nice to know ahead of time if we are or are not running the chicane so that I can have my Kart ready for the weekend. Of course I wouldn't have finished higher than I did on the last race, but I was not geared right. I was hitting my rev limiter half way down the main straight and I was hoping not to do the same thing during the double header.

Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Having never changed a gear on a shifter I am not sure what its going to take on my moto, either way I would say lets put it to a vote or something and make a decision so we have plenty of notice for next weekend.

The one race of each sounds good to me, we will have a whole evening/morning to change a gear.

Nathan

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that the rest of the season will be CCW / North chicane but that we should run at least one race with a chicane which would probably be the last race of the season. I agree, switching it up on a double-header doesn't make sense. I am open to a vote. The DD2 is actually pretty easy to switch gears. You just tip the kart on its side, take off the engine cover, switch out the gears and put the cover back on. You can do it without losing any tranny oil.

John K
www.johnkwong.ca

Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Since we are in the testing sessions for this weekend, any update on the chicane/no chicane layout for the shifters? I would like to get this confirmed as soon as possible.

I cant imagine many shifter drivers wanting the chicane in, so can we agree on no chicane?

Nathan

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

No chicane for this weekend and probably the rest of the year for the shifters.

John K
www.johnkwong.ca