EZ Hack For Those Struggling To Stay On Top of T & T Times/Dates

Check here before heading to the track. Going to the track for a T&T ? Post it here !
CourtFromLeth
First Name: Courtney
Last Name: Atkinson
City/Town: Lethbridge

EZ Hack For Those Struggling To Stay On Top of T & T Times/Dates

Post by CourtFromLeth »

New member here.

I was looking in here for the T&T dates so I could rip up and get some laps in.

I realized the forum is no longer the place for updating those dates, despite the T & T course clearly stating it was found on the website. :roll:

I was concerned because I can set notifications for the forum but not for the website.

Then after my coffee kicked in I remembered by trusty RSS feeder https://feeder.co/ will do that for me.

If you're not clear on what that is, you can set an RSS feed up for most any website so that any time changes are made to the site it sends you an email. Then, on your end, once you get the first one and know how it's formatted, you can set up filters (in my case in my gmail) so it goes to the requisite folder, adds a star, gets marked as "important" etc, etc. If you're a real nerd I could show you an automation that would allow you to set it up so you get a text too :D

Happy karting. Really enjoying my time here. I've been to 4 TAK's and 1 T&T and I can't say enough about the facility and people behind it.
-Newb Fall 2023 Senior Rotax Tony Kart #10
-Often driving from Lethbridge or Med Hat if you need anything text 403.915.8888
-Founder/CEO #1 Real Estate Team in Canada with eXp Realty: The Atkinson Team
-Founder/CEO Real Estate Growth Solutions Coaching

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: EZ Hack For Those Struggling To Stay On Top of T & T Times/Dates

Post by phil »

Welcome to the club!
The T&T referred to in the course is not the regular Tuesday/ Thursday T&T, but refers to members out practicing on their own. The idea was that you post that you will be at the track, so others can join in and know there will be someone there to marshal. That utility definitely hasn't been well used. The regular ones are on the calendar under "event schedule"

Phil

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Post by Jen and Don »

And to add what Phil is saying, those off days when it's not scheduled as a proper, planned and scheduled TandT, you need to have someone there that has passed the Supervisory (TandT) test/course watching over you. You cannot be out on the track by yourself or even out there having a family member watch you unless they are certified to supervise. All members and their family over 18, should take this certification. There will be days when you want to go out but don't have someone there in your group that is certified, other members might step in and open the gate and supervise you so you get your seat time. It is really nice when you can also do the same for other members. (returning the favor)

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier
City/Town: Calgary

Post by Mark »

When I started the Race Day and Track Info forum, it was intended primarily as a space to let people coordinate. This was before we had a paid T&T marshal on specific days.

Unfortunately, what ended up happening was that I would say I'm going out with my son and then a bunch of individuals would show up and hope/expect me to supervise them. I didn't mind watching them when my son was on track but when he came off, I needed to spend time with him, not supervising the track.

Others had similar experiences and so people stopped announcing their intentions to go to the track.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter