Newbies looking for Junior kart

Buy & Sell Karting-Related Goods
Forum rules
Karting-related goods & services ONLY.
After 90 days, ads may be removed (you are welcome to repost if not sold).
If item(s) are not located in Calgary, location must be indicated in the Subject field.
You must put a phone number or email address in your ad for interested parties to contact you.
fast_and_the_curious
First Name: Clay
Last Name: Thorpe
City/Town: Strathmmore

Newbies looking for Junior kart

Post by fast_and_the_curious »

So did the try a kart, and obviously they had a blast. putting a feeler out there if any used karts for sale. I was hoping that maybe the kids could share a kart and just run it at test and tunes and practice their first season. But my 13 year old is 5'9" tall, and my daughter is 10 years old and about 4'10". So not even sure if its possible to share. My son used senior sized kart at try a kart, daughter Cadet. After the first year, if they both still really want to continue, can get another one.
From what i've read so far, i'm looking for something with a Briggs motor for juniors. And hopefully ready to go.

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Newbies looking for Junior kart

Post by John Kwong »

Hi Clay,

Unfortunately, the two drivers/one kart for your situation will not work. Your 10 year old daughter would require a cadet sized kart for her age group and your 13 year old would require an adult sized kart to practice/race. Practicing for the first year is a good strategy to get them up to speed. The Briggs engine package is very economical, durable and versatile with the same engine being used from Cadet (J1) through to Masters, with only an internal carburetor slide change being required. The tires last a long time and you can do a ton of laps without worrying about wearing the motor out.

Putting out a "Want to buy..." or "Looking for..." advertisement in the classifieds is a good strategy to find equipment.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

fast_and_the_curious

Ya i just realized that cadets are in smaller chassis, but if she is just going to be practicing this year, should be okay ? As she turns 11 in February and will be a junior for next season i believe ?

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Size is also an issue, as she is so much shorter than your son. It would be difficult for her to reach the pedals without padding the seat so much that it wouldn't be safe. All safety protocols have to be met for practice sessions. If you did buy a Cadet kart for her, they probably hold their value the best of any of the kart classes and she could use it for 2 years.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

fast_and_the_curious

Absolutley, ya probably wishful thinking sharing a kart, just buying two karts right off the bat seems unlikely. But yes, safety is our priority, I wouldn't force her to drive something she can't control.
See if we can even find a kart to begin with, seems to be not going so well. This post was meant to attract sellers.

pitter085
First Name: Brent
Last Name: michaud
City/Town: Calgary Alberta

Post by pitter085 »

Let me talk to my daughter again and see if she still wants out of go karts if she does I'll have an intrepid cadet kart for sale shortly

fast_and_the_curious

Ya for sure, I want to get whatever she fits in of course. I am away for work until July 5th,so will be hopefully looking that week.

pitter085
First Name: Brent
Last Name: michaud
City/Town: Calgary Alberta

Post by pitter085 »

For sure private message me on here and I'll let u know what all I have

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Because of the Us supply problems Briggs engines are few and far apart at the moment if you can find one grab it. Remember it must have the Canadian Maple leaf stamp punched into it for it for it to be legal to race here.

fast_and_the_curious

Sent youva message pitter085,looking for a cadet cart.