Exciting news to follow for all Junior Rookies

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Exciting news to follow for all Junior Rookies

Post by Fred »

Watch this space ..... you are going to be in for a once in a life time FREE event .... you CAN NOT afford to miss this ..... STAY TUNED.

allenberg1
First Name: Allen
Last Name: Berg

Re: Exciting news to follow for all Junior Rookies

Post by allenberg1 »

Hello Everyone,

I am a Junior 1 dad and my son Alexander has been racing for one season at the CKRC.

I would like to offer new Jr 1 and Jr 2 members and rookies a 2 hour tutorial at the track Saturday morning April 23 10AM - 12 PM.

The purpose of this is to assist new members and drivers, with the hope that you and your driver gain sufficient experience & confidence to hopefully participate in race events early in the season!

We will cover some basic kart prep and practical information that would be useful for most parents and drivers new to this sport.

We will then do a track walk to cover driving line, followed by a couple of slow speed lead follow sessions for drivers to reaffirm the correct driving line, then conclude with some "mock starts" under controlled conditions, time permitting.

There is no charge for this event (however donations to the CKRC would no doubt be gratefully accepted :D ).

If you wish to attend please email your confirmation to [email protected]

As the track time is extremely limited we will start the program promptly at 10AM. Please have your kart ready in the pit-lane before this time, drivers dressed, and we will meet behind the scale building. Be sure that both driver and parent are present throughout the program.

I would appreciate the assistance of one additional experienced Jr 4 stroke driver (and kart) for the lead follow and start exercises please. Please post here if you can help out.

I look forward to seeing you at the track!
Allen Berg

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

THIS IS IT !!!!

For any of our new members who does not know Allen Berg take a few minutes to read this and decide if you can really afford not to take up this exciting opportunity.

Allen Berg is one of only 3 Canadians that have ever raced in Formula 1 ...... YES FORMULA 1 !
He is a multiple time Champion in many Racing Categories both here and around the World ... He has raced alongside some of the Greatest Formula 1 Drivers you can name .. Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet just to name a few.

Nowadays when he is not crewing for Alexander he runs his very own Race School in the USA ... Allen Berg Racing Schools (ABRS) which I am proud to say I help him set up.

Not only does he use the nicest Formula Renaults around, but he also has 4 Formula 1 Cars too, that you can drive. Allen is by any stretch the most experienced Race Car driver in the club and is offering this Junior Rookie class FREE OF CHARGE to help newbies learn the art of Kart Racing (both driver and mechanic) as quickly as possible. Although a F1 Pilot Allen would quickly tell you that being on the outside of the cockpit was a daunting experience and learning over again was at times frustrating, even figuring out simple things like a basic go to tire pressure had to be learned from scratch.. So in association with CKRC Allen Berg Racing Schools will host this Newbie workshop..

If you are a Rookie Junior YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO MISS THIS .. drop me a line at [email protected] so I can pass across your intention to attend to Allen.... (Sorry Kid Karter's we cant include you in this one but I will work on Allen and see if one day he can come to your Kid Kart School night)...... Sorry also to Seniors this is purely for the Juniors.

YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET FREE INSTRUCTION FROM AN EX F1 PILOT .. SIGN UP NOW !!

Im excited just typing this !!!!!

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

C'mon Fred, tell how you REALLY feel...... :lol:
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

BANZracing
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Taylor

Post by BANZracing »

Generous offer Allen!! Zack is excited to join the clinic on Saturday. Nick would also be very happy to help you out on track with his kart. Feel free to connect between now and Saturday to discuss any details.

Brian
(Nick and Zack)

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Post by pauldeadman »

Hi Allen,

I emailed Fred, George would love to attend, thank you for the help.

It doesn't get much better than this folks :)

allenberg1
First Name: Allen
Last Name: Berg

Post by allenberg1 »

Hello everyone the forecast for tomorrow morning is 75% chance of rain.

I will still conduct the off track presentation as well as track walk, rain or shine.

However if the track is damp or wet we will not do the lead follow and practice starts.

Allen

R.Brown
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Brown
City/Town: Strathmore

Post by R.Brown »

Looking forward to this for sure! Have two Rookie Junior drivers who would like to attend. I also emailed Fred to let him know,

thanks!
Ryan