Practice on Saturday

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
allenberg1
First Name: Allen
Last Name: Berg
City/Town: Calgary

Practice on Saturday

Post by allenberg1 »

Hi Everyone, with the nice weather this week, Alexander and I hope to practice this coming Saturday.

We will be going on Thursday to get things ready and check out the track. I will provide an update on track conditions that evening.

We hope that some of the other J1's can make it!

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Re: Practice on Saturday

Post by John Kwong »

Hi Allen,

Please be wary of driving in the paddock area as the land might be very loose and muddy in some areas. You might cause ruts with your vehicle or worse, get stuck. Probably, stay on the East side of the East pit runner until you walk around to see the condition of the ground.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

allenberg1

Post by allenberg1 »

Thanks for the heads-up John

franksartor
First Name: Franco
Last Name: Sartor

Post by franksartor »

Hi Allen,

The Club has not as yet done a complete safety check of the track after the winter. Fred did notice a few weeks ago that there were many fairly wide cracks appearing between turns 4-6. I was waiting to open the track up this year after our full inspection of the track and all work parties were finished by April 19. However technically the track is open all year subject to a though safety check of the track prior to driving on it. As you will probably be the first on the track I entrust you to do a thorough walk of the track and determine if it is safe to drive on. If there are any safety issues please shut the track down and report any issues to Fred Causer. I trust and hope that the track is fully safety cleared by you, and that the weather will be warm. Enjoy.

Sincerely
Franco Sartor

allenberg1

Post by allenberg1 »

I went to the track this afternoon and track and paddock was still covered with snow. So unlikely to get any driving in this weekend :(

allenberg1

Post by allenberg1 »

We are going to go out to the track tomorrow (Saturday March 24) to try to get a few laps in. Probably there from 1 to 5 PM. Hopefully a few other J1's will join us.

If there are any new J1 drivers ready to go, tomorrow may be a good day to get some laps in, without too many other participants on track (test and tune regulations will apply so make sure you have a valid membership). Alexander and I will be happy to provide some pointers.

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Post by pauldeadman »

How was it Allen?

allenberg1

Post by allenberg1 »

Track was in great shape, dry, consistent and no new bumps that we noticed. Paddock still a little damp in places.