Weight of a 4 stroke kart

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
cm2018
First Name: C
Last Name: M
City/Town: Calgary

Weight of a 4 stroke kart

Post by cm2018 »

This is my first year karting and I’ve been out doing T&Ts and would like to start going into races. I’m not sure how much weight to add to my kart and figured someone here would probably be able to help. I’m in the Sr Briggs light (340lbs) and currently weigh around 140lbs. I have a 2016 k&k 4 stroke chassis with a Briggs engine on it. How much would my kart likely weigh? Where is a good place to buy extra weight to add?

Thanks

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Weight of a 4 stroke kart

Post by Jackmazury »

The kart should weigh about 160 pounds give or take. I would scale the kart and yourself and then see how much lead needs to be added.
Shifter #30

Class Representative

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: Weight of a 4 stroke kart

Post by phil »

I would be guessing you're going to need around 30lbs. The helmet and gear will likely add around 12 lbs or so. I probably have some extra lead right now. As Jack said, it's best to start by putting it across the scale with you and all your gear, then the calculation is easy.

Phil