Welcome to new VLR drivers.

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Welcome to new VLR drivers.

Post by Fred »

Welcome.to the ROK 100 cc VLR program Dave Cameron and Cam Whitehead ... New Rockers on the Block.

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Re: Welcome to new VLR drivers.

Post by dvelpel »

+1

Fred

Post by Fred »

Are you in Dan ?

Fred

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:30 am Welcome.to the ROK 100 cc VLR program Dave Cameron and Cam Whitehead ... New Rokers on the Block.

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Post by dvelpel »

Fred wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:35 amAre you in Dan ?
Yes I am!

Fred

Post by Fred »

Well welcome to you ROKER .. VLR numbers are starting to build .. if you want to be part of this exciting cost effective class time to contact either Joey or me. That's 9 on the 2020 grid so far .. possibly another 2 from Edmonton and one from Montana.

elmt1
First Name: David
Last Name: Morris
City/Town: Whitefish

Post by elmt1 »

I am really glad to hear that the class is growing, I was hoping I hadn't made the wrong decision.

As the one from Montana, you can certainly count me in. I can't make every race, and I can't make as many practice days as I would like to, but I plan to come up at least 10 times next year.

I still have a lot to work out with my kart but i am making progress. I have read here that the vlr100 is very reliable and should get a person through a season with no major overhauls. I think I am past that point, and need to figure out the best option -- rebuild motor/clutch now or buy a second motor/clutch and rebuild what I have as spares.

Happy Holidays!

Fred

Post by Fred »

You can purchase all the parts required to service your motor on line .. if you go to ROK Cup USA there are videos on how to strip and rebuild the motor ... you can also find those videos on this website on getting started ... scroll down to VLR and click on the picture.. We have ran 1 motor for just over 40 hrs without touching it other than 1 new plug .. when striped it still had the cylinder hone marks in it .. the motor was refreshed and rebuilt and is still running now. Change the carb kit for a new one (instructions on how to do this on line too) and do a pressure check on it .. otherwise the engine will be good to go .. vortex do a service guide based on how many litres of gas has gone through it and according to that the bottom end should be good for 4 - 5 years. You dont need a spare motor but it doesnt hurt .. they are fairly cheap anyway (especially in the US) i believe if everyone who owns one were to turn up we would have 13 on grid this year with others seriously looking at them now.

Fred

Post by Fred »

Welcome to the very FIRST CKRC Junior ROKer Ryan Winters

Fred

Post by Fred »

Welcome to our new Rokkers Glen Boyd and Dave Morris .