Enduro 2020

Discussions relating to the Endurance Race (Enduro)
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Enduro 2020

Post by Fred »

OK lets start some discussion on the 2020 Enduro .... ideas how to increase numbers , format changes , driver line ups, weight, tires, classes, Do we even still want to run one ? (I have started the change with a Change of direction to Clockwise this year) lets start that conversation ?

evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau

Re: Enduro 2020

Post by evannadeau »

Clockwise is wicked fun, so my vote is for Clockwise for sure.
VLR #42

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Our most successful enduros had a rule that you had to have someone on your team that had not raced or held a CKRC or other kart club membership in the last calendar year. This made for a few close calls on the track but also gave friends and family a taste of racing and brought out people who used to race. I would also like to see a mandatory tire change so that teams could use up old tires.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau

Post by evannadeau »

John, could that rule perhaps be a smidgen more flexible if implemented? I am a new member this year and have only been to 2 T&T's and 1 race. So perhaps it could have a limitation, like under 5 T&T's and 2 races? Something like that.

Then perhaps a team will pick me up to join them. Also, tire changes sound very cool.
VLR #42

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

Fewer rules has always been the attraction of the Enduro. No weight requirements, open tires, run any current or previously homologated kart motor, dual motor karts, 2-stroke, 4-stroke -whatever. Got a dual Yamaha KT100 setup ? Bring it ! Aixro ? Yesssss. TKM ? Yup-yup, 4-stroke shifter ?!?! Braaaaaap ! :shock:

I personally hated the requirement to have a non-racing driver on your team; we typically skipped those years as it was not fun and often quite dangerous. The nominal qualifying rule is 107% of pole. For shifters, this means you need to be in the 55's to qualify. A Briggs can be in the 103's and a newbie in a Briggs can easily add 5+ seconds to that. you're looking at 15+ secs/lap difference; the closing speed differential is colossal and the potential for disaster is real. We don't allow Seniors and Jr's on track at the same time at T&T's for this reason so why in a 3hr Enduro ??

Bring back the full LeMans start !

"Back in the day", motors needed to be rebuilt every season (sometimes several times) so the Enduro was a fun way to "use up" whatever was left on your motor before you rebuilt it anyway. Today, motors are much more robust and the Enduro is merely 3hrs "more wear" and doesn't count towards a championship and that's taken a lot of the shine off the event. Maybe a few points to add to your tally for 1st through 3rd for the Enduro ?

Make it accessible and fun and people will come.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

Sheriff525
First Name: Lane
Last Name: Trim

Post by Sheriff525 »

I am looking at doing this with my son. I have never done one before so could someone help me understand the basic rules?

1 kart per team?
Weight classes? I kinda hope not as my son and I are different weight classes
3 hours straight?

Thanks!
Lane Trim #93 - Briggs Masters
Team Trim Racing

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Hi Lane,

The 3 hour enduro is one race for 3 hours for all senior drivers. You can have as many drivers on your team as you want but must have at least 2. One kart per team. There was a weight rule put in a number of years ago but I would like the club to reconsider having any minimum weights. There is a 2 cycle class and a 4 cycle class. Motors are stock appearing and normal fuel rules apply for safety.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

Unless this was changed last year, there is no requirement to have a minimum of 2 drivers; people have run the enduro solo.

The requirement is that every kart must make at least 1 stop. If you are coming in, it makes sense to put a fresh driver in the seat, but you don't have to.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

Sheriff525
First Name: Lane
Last Name: Trim

Post by Sheriff525 »

So when are the rules for 2020 going to get posted?
Lane Trim #93 - Briggs Masters
Team Trim Racing

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

I am thinking

Run what you brung !
No weight
1 Pit stop
3 hours

Being nothing is on the line this year lets just have fun.