2022 - Inquiring minds want to know...

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

2022 - Inquiring minds want to know...

Post by John Kwong »

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

It has only been a relatively short break from racing for myself and a few others who went to the ROK Vegas event but we are into 2022 now and there are some things that I think need to be addressed within a club meeting, starting with, when is the next club meeting? Prior to covid times, the club would hold a club meeting each month of the new year up until the race season started. This was done to engage the club members in the direction of the club for the coming year and provide transparency. I think all efforts should be made for it to be in person as the effectiveness of the Zoom meetings is quite limited for proper discussion. We can go to restaurants and gyms, so a meeting should not really be an issue. As well, the club meetings and after meeting at the pub is a social outlet for the members to come together. For those out of town we can still have a zoom component that is administered by Fred or one of the executive during the meeting.

Potential meeting topics:
- Executive's mandate for the coming year with regard to grant money spending on projects, volunteerism, etc.
- 2022 race schedule announcements
- Update on Alberta Shoot-Out and relationship with EDKRA
- Update on North of 49
- Class representative appointments
- Kid Kart coordinator
- Try-A-Kart coordinator
- Any trade show or promotion to be done by the club?
- Re-confirming club membership fee structure for 2022
- ?

Please discuss

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Tjfast
First Name: Evan
Last Name: P
City/Town: RD

Re: 2022 - Inquiring minds want to know...

Post by Tjfast »

Having a hybrid model for out of town members is a + from me!

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Post by Jen and Don »

Yes I agree, on-line meetings work for us from Sundre, especially in the winter months where driving is always a question of safety.

Hope that works for others too, Don

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

If this is all club member related topics, to be discussed and voted on by club members, this post should maybe be moved to the clubhouse forum?

TOGP
First Name: Brham
Last Name: Trim
City/Town: Airdrie

Post by TOGP »

John
Just curious, how many people would show up to these meetings?

Brham

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Post by John Kwong »

Hard to estimate but with restaurants, grocery stores and most retail stores operating without limits, I don't see much of an issue especially if we all keep our masks on during the meeting which doesn't happen at restaurants. The only thing that we would need is the app that restaurants use to confirm the vaccine passport. In person club meetings are probably not going to happen for the foreseeable future but this "shutdown" has to end sometime.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/