The Track : North Star Raceway at Strathmore Motorsport Park
North Star Raceway is located in the Town limits of Strathmore, a 30 minute drive East of Calgary City limits.
Construction began in July 2014 and was completed by Mid October of the same year. The track is 9m wide and 1225m long. Asphalt used was City “B” mix. The new track has approximately 10m of elevation, rising and falling around a very exciting 14 turn technical layout. Excellent spectator sightlines will allow fans to see much more of the racing action. The first CKRC Race was held on May 31, 2015.
In 2016 we completed:
- Completed construction of our BBQ/Picnic enclosure (20’x60’)
- Installed security cameras
- Re-sculpted the East berm in the paddock
- Filled in and leveled the West paddock area
- Installed traffic control gates in the Pre-Grid area
- Installed sponsor and safety signage
- Purchased and installed an ATCO washroom building
- Purchased and installed a professional safety corner marshal lighting system and Formula One style starting lights
- Added several more karts to the Try-A-Kart fleet
- Installed internet for uploading race results and Race Monitor Live Timing
Future phases will include:
- Expansion of the paddock area
- Potentially building a dirt oval track or developing another area for another motorsport interest group
- Installing a new electronic gate pass system and other technological improvements
Previous Facility (Varsity Speed Park)
Varsity Chrysler Speed Park was located in the southwest corner of Race City Motorsports Park and closed in October of 2013. The circuit measured 1.1 kms in length and 9 meters wide. A variety of configurations to provided challenging racing for the multitudes of racers who used the facility over it’s life.